Ultime Foto
Ultimi Video
Wall
Privacy
Eventi
CLOSE

Hi there, Check our kunena Theme Full Features - Link

Pulvinar tempor cras amet ac turpis tristique tristique ... (read more)close
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Steelers Report Card: Grading Pittsburgh’s offense

Steelers Report Card: Grading Pittsburgh’s offense 5 years 5 months ago #655

• zhangzk
  • More Details
As I’ve stated all along Womens Antonio Brown Jersey , I’m not a football coach or a teacher, but I play one in blogs and podcasts. Each week of the 2018 exhibition and regular season, I’ve graded the efforts of the Black-and-gold via “the eye test”. Grading games is an extremely difficult and somewhat thankless task. While the coaches’ grades, of course, are what count the most, the media and fans can’t help but evaluate as well. So you, the reader, get to vote as well. You even get to grade the grader in the comments section.So let’s take a look at BTSC’s perceptions of the season’s first quarter:OffenseThe Steelers’ offense is ranked tenth in the league with a 25.5-points per game (ppg) average through four contests. In 2017, they scored at a rate of 26.4 ppg. So far, Randy Fichtner’s crew has resembled both juggernaut and junk in the 2018 season. The same assessment could be made of one Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger. The league’s passing leader (1,414 yards) is averaging 353.5 yards per game. But BB has been inconsistent and, admittedly Womens JuJu Smith-Schuster Jersey , not on the same page with everybody. His three picks were costly in the opener and a miserable second half in Baltimore helped thwart Pittsburgh’s chances. Ben’s offensive line hasn’t been reminiscent of the high-caliber unit of past years either. Injuries have hampered David DeCastro and Marcus Gilbert, while a healthy Alejandro Villanueva’s play has been chicken-pox spotty. The line just doesn’t seem to be as strong as what we’ve witnessed in recent years.Le’Veon Bell’s absence from the running game has hindered some aspects of the offense as well. While James Conner has played admirably with 232 yards on the ground, 164 yards as a receiver, plus a penchant for picking up the blitz, he doesn’t create concern nor command extra attention in the manner No. 26 did. Conner has done well, but there’s definitely a drop-off from Le’Veon.Bell’s absence puts more attention on Antonio Brown too. Double-teaming AB has forced balls to go in other directions, mostly to JuJu Smith-Schuster. JuJu leads the team with 31 catches for 416 yards versus Antonio’s 29 for 272. A disconnect between Ben and AB is apparent as well. The team also might be missing Martavis Bryant. While he’s far from tearing it up in Oakland, the deep threat he provided hasn’t yet been replicated.The TE duo of Jesse James (228 yards on 10 catches) and Vance McDonald (200 yards on 12 catches) has been very solid. As a duo, they’ve got a combined 22 grabs on 27 targets and their yards-after-catch have been remarkable — a combined 210. Jesse is ranked 29th in the league, while Vance registers at 25th.Overall Offense Grade: CDespite gaudy stats, less-than-desirable offensive efforts prevented the Steelers from winning in Week 1 and Week 4. A greater output will be needed this season to make up for the defensive foibles.Offensive Valedictorian: JuJu Smith-SchusterSteelers Report Card: Grading the Steelers victory over the Falcons You know the story. I’m not a football coach, or a teacher Youth Marcus Gilbert Jersey , but I play one in blogs and podcasts. I wasn’t looking forward to the Steelers Week-5 pairing with the Falcons, but they turned me into Michael Corleone and pulled me back in with an inspired effort.Grading games is an extremely difficult and somewhat thankless task. While the coaches’ grades, of course, are what count the most, the media and fans can’t help but evaluate as well. So let’s take a look at BTSC’s early perceptions: OffensePhilip G. Pavely-USA TODAY SportsThe offensive line gave Benjamin Todd more time to throw, but he looked extremely off in the early going. No. 7 was forcing the ball to Antonio Brown, overthrowing dudes and the interception to close the half was inexcusable. But he pulled it all together in the second half with three TDs and going 19-for-29 with 250 yards in the air.James Conner looked like a complete back with 110 yards rushing on 21 carries and two scores. No. 30 added 75 more on four receptions. He carried the team when Ben looked sub-par early on.Antonio Brown looked spectacular with six catches for 101 yards and two scores. The seven targets to him that didn’t result in completions were the result of poor throws. JuJu was money as well, with four catches (on four targets), 34 yards and a touchdown. The ensuing celebration was corny at best.Philip G. Pavely-USA TODAY SportsOverall Offense Grade: B+
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kunena Statistics

• Total Users: 1205
  • Latest Member: yfojefa
  • Total Posts: 662
  • Total Topics: 655
  • Total Sections: 2
  • Total Categories: 11
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 0

Custom HTML